Beyond Intractability in Context Blog
Beyond Intractability's efforts to promote more constructive approaches to conflict occur within the larger context of efforts to promote wise and equitable solutions to a broad range of social problems. This blog highlights readable news and opinion articles, "infographics" and reports that help us understand the costs--and hence, urgency -- of the conflict problem, the dynamics that make it so difficult, alternative responses, and innovative success stories about people who have successfully confronted various aspects of the problem in different settings.
There are three ways to participate in this blog:
- Visiting: You can simply drop into the blog here, reading as your interest and time allows.
- Following on Social Media: We are posting all the the BI in Context Blog posts, along with all the other Moving Beyond Intractability Posts on the Beyond Intractability pages on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Information about how to subscribe to those is found on our participation page.
- Subscribe to the BI Newsletter: BI sends out a newsletter about once every two weeks which lists the last two weeks' posts for the BI in Context Blog, along with the two core seminars.
- An intriguing and promising idea for transforming social media into a place of more thoughtful discussions among genuine friends. #mbi_context --
- Perhaps the most fundamental test of left and right-leaning socio-cultural orientations is the quality of life it confers on its on its followers. #mbi_context --
- John Paul Lederach saw conflict transformation is the balancing of peace, justice, truth, and mercy. A look at how this plays out before the ICC. #mbi_context --
- "From the author of ""Bad News: How Woke Media Is Undermining Democracy,"" an explanation of how much of the news we regard as reliable is actually distorted. #mbi_context " --
- An eye-opening look at how efforts to phase out nuclear power have sent back efforts to address climate change. Was it worth it? #mbi_fundamentals --
The full text of the Beyond Intractability system, external articles cited by the Beyond Intractability In Context, and other useful conflict-related articles can be searched using our Google Custom Search Engine.
We welcome your suggestions of articles and other materials that we should post in this blog. If they are things written by yourself, though, please also consider contributing them to the "Colleague Activities Blog"